Tuesday, March 08, 2011

On my needles



Pattern: Que Sera by Kirsten Kapur
Yarn: Blue Sky Alpacas Dyed Cotton
It is with pleasure that I speak of my current knitting project. Both the yarn and the lace pattern are so enjoyable to my fingers and mind. Being made of the luscious Blue Sky Alpaca Dyed Cotton, the yarn is soft and plump and easily glides over my fingers. The knitting pattern is Que Sera from Knitty spring summer 2010 and once you've done a few repeats its easy to work without checking the notes. So, zen-like, I find myself flying through the rows ... enjoying every second of it.

On Saturday I went to Loop in Angel, and found some gorgeous buttons to adorn my finished creation (not finished yet, sleeves and upper back still to do). Loop is my candy store, I'm positively drooling every time I go there. Everything about it is dreamy, I find it difficult to purchase as I get so overwhelmed with all the many delights it contains. However this time I was able to single out a yarn: Semilla

It was really difficult choosing a colour from the many gorgeous hues on offer, there was stiff competition between the blue grey, relish yellow and rose. Obviously it was the later that made into my handbag.

No comments: