Saturday, March 15, 2008

love and create



with left over pieces from my love letters printing session last year, i made a knit needle kit for myself. Very pleased with the result ... i like all the red on white linework next to the pale blue. I'm quite obsessed with pale blue and deep red. I feel a little boring admitting to that ... like a little girl who only likes pink and purple. I have brief romances with greens and yellows ... but ultimately return to the comfort of my beloved red and pale blue

a work in progress shot of my raspy jersey for my beloved ... yes there is a human that must compete with my deep red and pale blue love also

a teatowel with printed teacups printed at the east london print studios

this week i had the great fortune of having an induction session at east london print studios ... i am so delighted that I can jump on a bus and 15minutes later i'm in a fully equipt printing studio ... if i was ever wondering why i love living in London so much, i only need to remind myself that there are about 4 of these kinds of printing studios in london ... now i am creating an easy carry kit that will allow me a kind of studio-on-my-back flexibility ... hence i'm pleased to present the beginnings of my reworked-ikea-bag silkscreen hold all:

I may even embellish it ... although I quite like the simple patchwork of bright blue and white.

2 comments:

Sea Angels said...

Thanks Sarah, nice to see you are back.
Lynn xx

Unknown said...

you have been busy! love the teacup dishcloth.... and the raspy jersey of course.

xac